Jul 13, 2011

First post...

I am new to this whole blogging idea, but I decided that maybe this way I will be able to make a journal type thing for me to look back on. 

My husband and I run a woodworking business with the help of some family and friends.  We mainly make wood kitchenware from locally and sustainably harvest Indiana hardwoods.  We are tyring to be more environmentally conscious.  We know we have been charged to be stewards of the Earth and so we are trying to do what we can to make as little negative impact as possible.  It is nice to be a work at home family, but the pay is not great and the hours are never ending, but when you love what you do it really doesn't seem to matter.  We set up a booth at several art/craft shows and farmer's markets.


We have two wonderful children. Little Missy  is going to be 3 next month, and Bubby is now 4 months old!  I can't believe how fast they grow up.  I cloth diaper Bubby and am learning new things all the time.  I CD Little Missy from about the time she was 3.5months old (that is when she was finally big enough to fit into the size 1 diapers I had been given).  I also heard about and started part-time ECing (elimination communictaion) at that time.  She was completely night time trained before 1 and completely daytime learned shortly after.  So I had a nice break from diapers before my chunky monkey came along this past March.  It's amazing how much has changed in the cloth diaper realm in just a couple of years!  I am also ECing Bubby and all is going well.  We still have several accidents most days, but we are getting there.

I love babywearing!  Amazingly it is just as easy to wear my two kids as it is to just wear my chunky monkey M**** on my front.  Bubby loves his baby k'tan carrier and Little Miss loves to be on mommy's back in our mei tai carrier.

No comments: