Sep 6, 2011

Auction For Izzy 'superman'

I just wanted to let my readers know that I am putting together a benefit auction, on facebook, for a wonderful little boy, Israel Newswanger.

A quick recap of his story:
Izzy nearly died of SIDS at 5 months old (he stopped breathing for an estimated 20-30 min).  October will mark 1 year since this nearly tragic incident.   He suffered an unknown amount of brain damage and it has been a long and expensive road of recovery (around $1000/week).  He is responding better than the doctors expected (they really didn't expect him to live), but still needs constant care and therapy.  You can read his story here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/israelnewswanger

I am searching for sponsors for the auction (which is set to run Sept 7-Sept 30).  ALL proceeds raised go straight to Danielle's (Izzy's mom) account.  So I don't get the money, to reassure others that the auction will benefit the Izzy's family.  If anyone is interested in sponsoring any item please email me dickinsoncustomfurniture@yahoo.com for more information.  You can also go to my facebook page and read the Notes I posted.


Please spread the word so that we can raise lots of money to help this young family and beautiful boy.

The auction is located in the photo albums HERE.  If you do not have a facebook but would still like to bid on items please let me know.  I will post another blog when the Auction officially opens for you to post bidding comments on, I will then update the item with your name and bid.  You still need to read to rules so that you understand how it works.


There is also an opportunity to help support this wonderful family.  Please read about sponsoring the benefit dinner, concert, and auction going on for him HERE.


Thank you!

18 comments:

Glenda said...

Hello, I would be happy to donate a Gift Certificate from Usborne Books and also to add the event to my blog to help you pull in more readers.

Chaunna from BehaviorFlip said...

I would love to donate for the cause. I have a 5 mo old now and every mother prays that nothing like this ever happens.... feel free to message me

Create With Joy said...

Stopping by from Alexa - best of luck to you in your auction!

Rita VonCoupon said...

Thanks for joining the Weekend Alexa Blog Hop!

:)

Kiyomi said...

Glenda, that would be great. If you could email me at dickinsoncustomfurniture@yahoo.com with a picture of the item, starting bid (please keep it low), bid increments, and shipping (if any, and where).
Thanks!

Lessie (MyCouponLady) said...

Hopping thru

Spilled Milkshake said...

Visiting from the Weekend Alexa Blog Hop!

Awesome thing you are doing for Izzy.

Christina
http://spilledmilkshake.com

Belinda Revercomb said...

new gfc follower from alexa hop

LisaWeidknecht said...

Hi! I wanted to stop by and thank you for joining the Planet Weidknecht Weekend Hop. I hope you'll join in again.

Mindy said...

Hi there! Stopping by from the Weekend Alexa Blog Hop! I've also followed you via GFC.

I'd love it if you'd take a moment to check out my page -

http://moneysavingmindy.blogspot.com

Thank you!

Mindy :)

Parga's Junkyard said...

Stopped by via the Weekend Alexa Blog Hop! Good Luck with your Auction! will follow your post to see how this goes!

Miriam & Corinne said...

Praying for Izzy!

DHidey said...

Wow! What a story. It is so great to hear how others are reaching out to help. I will post a link on my blog and facebook page once the auction goes live!

Stopping by from the Alexa Hop

PS--your date on the blog post is october 1

My SoCal Life said...

good luck with the auction, newest GFC follower from the hop http://www.mysocalblog.com

dani84m said...

Stopping by from the Alexa hop
http://www.obsessedcookbookfanatic.com/

mom said...

I'm here to follow you back! Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

Kaylene
http://giannaclare.blogspot.com

Ladonna said...

Stopping from Alexa Blog hop. We will be having an Alex hop this coming weekend on Mom Blog Society if you'd like to join.
http://momblogsociety.com

Melissa-WhatMommyWants said...

Hopping in from the Alexa hop. Looks like I missed the auction...

Melissa
Whatmommywants.blogspot.com