Mar 6, 2012

Firestarter Cosmetics Review and Special Offer!

Amanda and Laura run Firestarter cosmetics, a small business located in Thunder Bay, Ontario specializing in making vegan cosmetics.  They currently make eyeshadows and glitters and are hoping to add lip products as soon as possible as well as blushes, bronzers, mascara and finishing powder. 
From their page:
     "Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. We are committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals.
        We believe that just because a product has "vegan", "natural" or "organic" in the name, that it does not have to be costly.
Our products are free of the following:
Parabens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Carmine and Cochineal Colorants, Superoxide Dismutase, Bismuth Oxychloride, Boron (Boron Nitride), Manganese Violet, Silicone, Chromium and Hydrated Chromium Oxide Green."
I will admit to not being much of a make-up person (with 2 small kids who really has the time to spend putting on make up).  Anyway, I have been playing with the samples they sent me for a few weeks now (which you can get on their webstore for only $5.00).


Primer and 6 different colors

 At first it would agitate my eye lids, but I think it was due to me not normally wearing any make-up.  Now I can put it on in short amount of time and I don't break out or swell up (which happened with other make-up, thus the reason I don't wear it normally).    I never tried the more natural make-ups as they are usually very expensive compared to the others.  Firestarter Cosmetics are very reasonably priced! For 1-2 grams of Eyeshadow (depending on density) it is only $3.00-$5.00

 Little Missy saw me putting it on and wanted to put some on as well.  She said she was "beautiful and a fairy" and loves to keep looking in the mirror because she has "decorations" on her! :)
Icy blue with gun powder green (just like her Tinkerbell wings :)
If you are a bit more skilled and bold you can do some of the ones Amanda and Laura have posted on their facebook page. 
This is actually the same colors as the one above, but blended together
 They also offer gift baskets!

Be sure to check out their website for all their products.  Just for my readers Firestarter Cosmetics is offering a free eyeprimer when you spend $15 or more (before shipping and not to be combined with any other offer) on their products.  All you have to do is put "Woodworking Momma Fan" in the Paypal note!  Please note they currently only ship to the US and Canada.


Disclaimer: All posts and opinions are my own. They may not be the same as yours, but being individuals I can't please everybody. However this is my blog :P

No comments: