Aug 12, 2012

Little LouWhos Review

Little LouWhos was started by Nicole a work-at-home mom, who encouraged by her husband to give her bow making and ribbon art a try, opened her shop in 2011.  This is what she has to say about her business:
"I'm a mother to a wonderful little princess who loves to wear cute accessories in her hair! I started making them for her, started wearing them myself, and decided I wanted to make and share them with other little princesses out there :)" 

She makes a variety of hair clips, hair ribbons, and ribbon wreaths.  The prices range from $1.50 for a clip with an embellishment to $3.50 for a flower with a cute embellishment in the center, to a ponytail holder with ribbons for $5. Custom ribbon wreaths and trees are her biggest sellers (and her favorite item to make).   They can range in price from $10 for a small and up to around $45 for a large.  (Aren't these so cute!)

I bought these from an auction and decided that as a fellow WAHM I would test these out and provide feedback or a review of them for here.  I have used them several times since receiving them a few months ago. 

 First I will point out that each of the clips are attached to her business card! This is a great idea. I loved knowing who the clips came from and it kept the pairs together.

I haven't really had a chance to test out the ribbon hair ties as pony tail holders because Little Missy thinks they are dancing ribbons and wears them on her wrists when she dances around. I will say they have held up nicely with all the waving around. The ribbons do come loose but they are easy enough to tighten back down.
Bubby joining in the dancing!  :)

dancing with her ribbons and also wearing her favorite pair (the white flower on red ribbon clip)
The flower clips have gotten a bit more use, though the pair with the white flower and red ribbon clip is definitely her favorite as she always requests to wear it if I ask her if she wants to wear any.  I did get her to at least use the others for a little while several times though to be able to say they hold up nicely (Bubby also tested out how well they hold up to being chewed on, and I am happy to report they are all still in one piece).  One of the first things I have her do when we try out new bows is spin, twist, fling, etc.  To see if they stay in!  They passed.  There were a little difficult to get in her hair, but most things are because it is just coarse and wavy enough to catch on most things that we try and put in it. (UPDATE: Nicole has since changed the clips that she uses from the 2-prong making to where she no longer has to put ribbon all the way around.  Thus making it easier to put them in your hair! :)

One of my favorite combos was the giant flower clip with the ribbon pony tail holder. The pony tail holder has a metal piece that joins it in a circle and I always make sure to cover that with the ribbon so that it doesn't get caught in her hair.  I didn't do it the first time and thought I would never be able to get it in her hair again!

They held up well while they were out joy riding (and she really makes that thing go!)
                                    


I purchased these items in an auction and offered to do a free review of them.  I was not compensated in any way and all opinions expressed are my own.
  Disclaimer: All posts and opinions are my own. They may not be the same as yours, but being individuals I can't please everybody. However this is my blog :P

No comments: